Feel free to hunt around for others, see what strikes your fancy and roll up your sleeves. Who knows where it can all lead? A proposal at the next Saddie Hawkins dance? An online search for your nearest Culinary Institute of America location?
Or maybe you’ll find yourself growing that salsa garden you’ve always talked about.
You’ll take up Latin dancing and become an alternate for one of the Dancing With the Stars crew.
It could happen.
(super detailed. a-z know-how)
http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2005/06/norecipe-yikes/ (This is for those of you who only want to make Fridge MAN JAM and not bother with the sterilizing, sealing and hit or miss botulism buffet. Super easy!)
What to do with your MAN JAM
- Put a dab on fried oysters
- Top your bagel & cream cheese with a dollop of it
- Mix in a tablespoon with an Italian or balsamic dressing. It’ll give a kick to your cucumbers!
- Saute chicken breasts & season with salt and pepper; remove. Sizzle up some sliced onions, red peppers and crushed garlic. Deglaze the pan with wine and chicken broth, cook for a few minutes. Toss in some thyme (or marjoram or oregano) and a few spoonfuls of pepper jelly, and return the chicken to the pan and finish cooking. Cook sauce down to desired consistency.
- Substitute the above chicken with fish like tuna, salmon or swordfish, swap out the red peppers and try mango or pineapple.
- Dip in coconut crusted shrimp
- Use them to make Popsicles
- Spread as a glaze for a spiral ham
- Kick your burgers up a notch
- Add to your regular BBQ sauce
- Grill some sturdy fruit (pineapples, peaches, nectarines) and use as a glaze
- Top your ice cream with it
- Have a Cajun shrimp boil
- Place it on top of gooey Brie
- Spread it thickly on cornbread next to your Texas chili
- Sweeten your ice tea
What NOT to do with your MAN JAM
- Brush your teeth
- Brush your dog’s teeth
- Use as hair jell
- Substitute for contact lense solution
- Mix with dry cat food
Definitely, enjoy and share!